I've made numerous veggie burgers over the years, but this one so far is the best. They have a hearty, beefy flavor and they turned out looking just like the picture. I found it online at the Kitchen Whisperer. Her website will also give you a vegan version of this recipe.
2 cups portabella mushroom, cubed in small pieces, gills removed
2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and divided
1 cup minced broccoli, fresh
1/2 cup red onion, minced
3 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup plus 4 Tbl Panko bread crumbs
1 Tbl Montreal Steak Seasoning (Target or Jewel)
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbl minced garlic
3/4 cup fresh grated Parmeson
1. In a large bowl add 1 cup of black beans and mash with a masher.
2. Next add in the mushrooms, the rest of the beans, broccoli, garlic, onion, Worcestershire, and steak seasoning.
3. Mix just until coated.
4. Add in the eggs, cheese and bread crumbs and mix gently with a large spoon until the mixture is combined.
5. Set aside while you place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add in 2 Tbl of oil.
6. Once the oil starts to shimmer (about two minutes), using dampened hands, scoop a 1/2 cup of mixture into the palm of your hand and gently shape into a burger all the while pressing together. The mixture should hold a burger shape. If it doesn't add just a Tbl more of bread crumbs.
7. Place in the oil and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and a crust has formed on each side.
3235 Vollmer Rd. Ste. 204
Flossmoor, IL 60422
Phone: : 847.864.6464
Tuesday - Friday 10:00am-7:00pm
Sunday Morning Yoga, 9:30am-10:45am
Monday: Dance classes 6:30pm-8:45pm.
Free consultation with treatment
Discount treatment packages
Online appointment scheduler
All credit cards accepted