This is a delicious summer pasta salad with an Asian flair to it. I created it for my daughter Sairey (who is a vegetarian) and she loves this recipe. Be sure to use the unrefined peanut oil for it is much more flavorful. It can be purchased at Whole Foods Grocery.
linguine (use 1/2 standard package)
1 cucumber, skinned, seeded, and sliced
4 tablespoons coarsely chopped, unsalted, roasted peanuts
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed.
2 green onions, sliced thin
2 tablespoons unrefined peanut oil
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1 tub extra firm tofu
4 tablespoons unrefined peanut oil
4 tablespoons tamari sauce
Directions for preparing the baked tofu:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine peanut oil and tamari until blended. Set aside.
3. Drain excess water from tofu and cut into cubes. Place cubes on foil-lined baking sheet (single layer)
4. Brush top and sides with peanut and tamari sauce. Turn tofu over and brush bottom side.
5. Place baking sheet in oven for 15-20 minutes or just until tofu turns golden brown. Turn tofu over and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and cool.
Directions for pasta salad:
1. Fill large pot with cold water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add linguine and cook until el dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, combine the peanut oil, vegetable oil, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and salt. Set aside.
3. When the pasta is done, drain in a large colander. Rinse with cold water until the noodles are cool to the touch. Work in a couple of tablespoons of the oil mixture with your hands.
4. Transfer the noodles to a dish and top with the cucumber, green onion, and cilantro.
5. Pour the rest of the oil mixture on top and gently combine.
6. Place the tofu on top and sprinkle with the peanuts. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Free consultation with treatment
Discount treatment packages
Online appointment scheduler
All credit cards accepted
Tuesday - Friday 10:00am-7:00pm
Sunday Morning Yoga, 9:30am-10:45am
Monday: Dance classes 6:30pm-8:45pm.