Light Creamed Spinach
16 oz. bag of frozen chopped spinach, thawed. Press excess water out with paper towels.
1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
2 green onions, chopped into large chunks
1/2 cup milk, lowfat or use almond milk
2 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons flour
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon dry white wine
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Put cottage cheese and green onion into food processor and puree until smooth. Scrape down the sides and process for another 30 seconds or so.
2. Melt butter in heavy saucepan at medium heat. Add flour and whisk. Cook until frothy about 2 minutes or so. Add milk and whisk until thickened. Add salt and pepper and stir. Lower heat to simmer.
3. Add white wine and dijon mustard. Gently whisk until combined.
4. Add cottage cheese mixture and stir to blend.
5. Add Parmeson cheese and stir to blend.
6. Add spinach and gently stir to blend.
Fold into oven proof serving dish, cover with foil, and set aside. To heat up, place in oven at 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Apple Cider Pork Chops
4 pork chops, bone in.
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups apple cider
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1. Pat pork chops dry with paper towel. sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook pork chops in oil about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and place in oven to keep warm.
2. In same skillet, add apple cider and brown sugar. Cook to a thick, syrupy glaze and until reduced by about half.
3. Stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place pork chops on serving platter and drizzle with sauce.
3235 Vollmer Rd. Ste. 204
Flossmoor, IL 60422
Phone: : 847.864.6464
Tuesday - Friday 10:00am-7:00pm
Sunday Morning Yoga, 9:30am-10:45am
Monday: Dance classes 6:30pm-8:45pm.
Free consultation with treatment
Discount treatment packages
Online appointment scheduler
All credit cards accepted