Roasted Beets with Balsamic Glaze
Red beets, golden beets, and carrots tossed in a balsamic glaze and roasted.
This wonderful fall recipe is not only delicious, but adds a rich color to your Thanksgiving table. I recommend you slip this into your oven as soon as the turkey comes out. It takes a full hour to roast the vegetables. Let your Turkey rest for 30 minutes and then make your gravy using the drippings. By the time your gravy is made, turkey is carved, and your potatoes are boiled and mashed, the beet medley will be done and ready to eat. Timing is everything when making a Thanksgiving dinner.
3 red beets, washed and peeled
3 golden beets, washed and peeled
3 large carrots, peeled
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
Instructions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Cut vegetables into chunky pieces (bite size or slightly larger).
2. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and sugar.
3. Toss vegetables with oil mixture and spoon onto foil-lined baking pan in one layer.
4. Bake for 60 minutes. Halfway through sprinkle with fresh thyme and gently stir vegetables.
5. Spoon into serving dish and serve immediately.
Notes: You can sprinkle some fresh parsley on top or arrange some fresh watercress around and/or under the roasted vegetables for a more beautiful presentation.